Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GS1100G (a.k.a. 'Maggie') for sale

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by duncan_bayne, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 duncan_bayne, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Hi Netriders,

I'm putting my beloved 1982 GS1100G up for sale (a.k.a. 'Maggie').

7708416306_824143407f.

I've been steadily working on her (well, really, paying Mototecnic to work on her) for the last eighteen months or so. She's been my daily commuter when she hasn't been in the shop.

For more details on work done, existing issues, and planned enhancements see https://github.com/duncan-bayne/duncan-bayne.github.com/wiki/Maggie.

She's currently at Mototecnic having the latest gremlin exorcised - she doesn't want to rev cleanly over around 3,500RPM. It feels like fuel starvation, and I've just had the tank stripped and coated internally, so I suspect it'll be an easy fix.

She's registered in Victoria, and I'll sell with a fresh Roadworthy. I don't think she'll much if any work for it; she's been used regularly and kept in good shape by the folks at Mototecnic.

The reason I'm selling is that I need a bike that isn't an ongoing project. As lovely as Maggie is she's frequently in the workshop having glitches ironed out and improvements made ... lots of character, great fun, but not what I need when I'm getting back into contracting and have a nine month old son whose routine doesn't accomodate the vagaries of a 30 year old classic :)

If you're interested, please give me a call on 0420 817 082 or drop me an email at dhgbayne@gmail.com. I'm hoping she'll go to a good home.

Edited to add: Asking price is $3,700 firm, and that includes a fresh RWC, and whatever rego is left on her. She cost me $2,000 to buy and I've spent a damn site more than $1,700 on her in the last 18 months :)

2. Throw up a price buddy boy

3. Done.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ... and she's no longer for sale. Not for the time being at any rate.

Since having the coils done and the front brake master cylinder replaced with new kit she's running really well.

So I'm planning to keep her for a while longer, at the very least until I've worked out what I'm doing in terms of transport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.