Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GS1000 Saddlebags

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by MisfitPL9, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Hi all,

Looking to get a pressie for the father in law who owns a 1973 Suzuki GS1000.

I am after websites or shops ( preferably Vic or Tassie ) that sell saddlebags and or tank bags to suit this model.

Anyone know of the best place to look or suggest what I should be looking for.

2. MCAS have a good selection of saddlebags and tankbags, and should give you an idea of what's available and the prices.

I used to ride a '79 GS1000S and had a pair of cheap soft throwover saddlebags that carried everything I ever needed and lasted nearly 20 years. They were expandable and held on with a collection of bungee straps.

The hard panniers that came as standard on my Kawasaki GTR1000 lasted 2 weeks. Hit a bollard with one coming out of K-Mart and it fell off. They're both still sitting in my garage.