Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GS 1200 service

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by crispingardner, May 12, 2013.

1. Hi everyone. I have a BMW GS1200 which is coming up to it's 10,000km service. I live in Sydney and would like some recommendations on where best to take for service? Any feedback would be most welcome thanks.

2. um maybe take it to the bmw shop?
  3. Just because they are a BMW dealer Uncle Greg, does not automatically make them good mechanics. I had similar problems finding a GOOD mechanic for my Ducati - Ducati dealer mechanic was terrible. If someone can direct me to a good bike mechanic that would be great - and if that happens to be a BMW dealer then I'll be happy with that, but priority #1 is that they are a good mechanic.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'm also interested to hear recommendations for a good bm mechanic. I used to have a great local independent mechanic but he works on Jap and Chinese bikes and isnt interested in my bm boxer.
  5. So did anyone want to give up the name of a good BMW Mechanic in Sydney? Especially for 80's airheads? I need some work done on a R65