Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Grrr... damn fool bike batteries!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by corsarius, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Okay, so having not ridden for more than 15 years, and even then only dirtbikes, I did the whole learners thing a couple of months ago.

As for the actual riding thing - no problems. Everything seems pretty natural an logical, and things are coming along nicely.

However, a couple of weeks ago I was headed out for a leisurely weekend ride, when my wife called me back into the house just at the moment I was about to start the bike.

I was in there for a while, and by the time I came back out - insufficient juice to start! Aaargh!

However, for those learners out there (and riders in general) who haven't had to roll-start a bike, I'd advise attempting a couple on your own bike under nice controlled conditions before you do one in a situation where you have to and there's no handy hill.

...I won't go into the near drop as I walked the bike to the top of a nearby rise either... :)
  2. heh heh, there WAS a time when racing starts were all push starts, and some of those circuirts had grids that faced uphill!!

Nice to see that you survived the experience :).
  3. I remember those days :) Now days you would have to push a race bike pretty fast to get enough electricity to run the electric fuel pump, Engine Mapping Computer, Traction control computers etc etc ad infinitum. :grin:
  4. I dont know why all bikes are not like the ZZR250 who's headlights only come on when the starter button is released. :idea:

I had to roll start the RF several times :oops:
    Nothing like a NEW battery though :cool: