Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Groovy 70's motorcycle safety film :)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by robsalvv, Feb 22, 2011.

1. #1 robsalvv, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Hahaha! What a fantastic find, robsalvv. I'm particularly fond of cheesy '70s productions with dodgy music. The added annotations provide some real LOL moments.

Thanks for sharing :D
  3. Brilliant.......

Would be so happy if everything on video was legal here......
    There seems to be a simplistic attitude to riding in the video lost in todays over legislated world.....
  4. Excellent. And, despite the passage of time, 99% of the advice is still relevant today.
  5. Anybody able to give a brief plot synopsis for those of us condemned to be behind a work firewall for the next week or so?
  6. How about a slab for your network administrator... :p
  7. Pat, it's a 70's bloke on a 70's BMW bike with a 70's english well spoken gent voice over, explaining and demonstrating the finer points of safe riding in traffic and on the road. Kinda quaint and groovy. I think it uses the magnum PI music theme in the background - which confuses me, Magnum PI was an 80's thing...
  8. Yes, it IS the Magnum PI music, too, I was trying to place it but couldn't. I love the old R90S, though, memories of Kenny Blake and Helmut Dahne at the Six Hours.
  9. Hmmm I thought it was the soundtrack to those old Malcolm Douglas nature docos?
    And for Pat: The best part is his leathers - bright red onesie, in the style of an Adidas tracksuit!
  10. And all filmed in Germany from the looks of it...
  11. Ah, simpler times.

Love the comment balloons
  12. Guys, guys, I'm disappointed in you, it's the ROCKFORD FILES theme.
  13. Can't be there's no Firebird...
  14. Yep, Munich area, recognise a few roads that I've ridden on.
  15. Oh yeh! I knew it was a PI show of some kind... now that was 70's. :)
  16. Coincidentally one of the new digital channels is showing Magnum PI followed by the Rockford Files on daytime telly
  17. Also "i'm horny now" LOL
  18. Interesting. I'm familiar with quite a few of the old Public Information Broadcasts that were put out in the UK in the 70s and early 80s but I don't think I remember that one. I await my return to civilisation and an unrestricted internet connection to see if it jogs any memories.
  19. Man, why can't modern safety videos be like this.

"Filtering at the traffic lights is fine, and you should do it because you're awesome! Don't filter between moving cars on the freeway - instead, use the shoulder to overtake them on the outside whether they're stopped or not!"

Government sanctioned hooliganism! :D
  20. Finally saw it. Absolutely loved it :D.