Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Gripster Skins

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by vanman37, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Hi

Anyone know of an Aussie distro for Gripster? I think I prefer them to Stomp pads.

2. Hmm, tech-spec's own all in my view (unless they are stomp pads? I don't think they are??? And no doubt you've seen them on my bike..)

BUT!!! I haven't seen these grips you have mentioned. I'm in a rush, getting changed from my leathers to normal clothes to meet a friend for lunch soon... No time to search/google for them.... So.. gimme links to look at :twisted: :grin:

HAHA! I did search and they are tech-spec ones?? FUNNY! Dude, order from them, cheaper to get them directly (and 5-9 days at most to get them in)!

Aussie mbike "importers" are rip offs BIG TIME....
  3. Thanks Wazz. Ordered from website.
  4. not happy.
    ordered 'high fusion' for the street triple and got a set of "pads" that look nothing like the picture on the site.
    Cost me over fifty bucks and looked too cheap to put on the bike.
    Ended up with a plain black tank pad for twenty bucks. Looks great.
    Live and learn.
    Hope you have better luck with them.
  5. OK I can let the cat out of the bag I guess.

I am the new distributor for the Tech-Spec Gripster pads!!!!!

Only just appointed, so haven't even got any product yet, but anyone wanting these can PM me at the moment and I will place it on the first order. :wink:

Way better than Stomp grip,(re-usable) and better looking imho.

Scrambler, if you rec'd the wrong one let me know what happened and I will make sure you are sorted out. :grin:

6. Triway, could you please message me your details. Im interested in the HIgh Fusion for my 99 r6. thanks
  7. So which of the two (High Fusion, Snake Skin) is better? Anyone (triway) have the pros and cons for each? :)

If I read the website properly the benefit of the Snake Skin over the High Fusion is that I "could also notice a reduction in shock and vibration from the bike and road"...?
  8. That's correct, due to the SnakeSkin being thicker is offers a reduction in vibration, however it is minimal.
    The SnakeSkin is more aggressive in it's grip. For a road bike I would recommend the High Fusion, for a track bike, the Snake Skin. However, the difference in grip between the two is very minor, and it really comes down to which one you like the look of better for many people.

9. TechSpec's GRIPSTER Tank Grips:

* Increase and maintain accurate control of weight and body position
    * Eliminate sliding up and into the tank, especially with passengers
    * Improve riding style
    * Decrease overall body fatigue
    * Improve weight adjustment of body and bike while in motion
    * Protect a highly abusive area of the tank
    * Improve re-sale value
    * Provide all the benefits of a grip material without shredding leathers

Improve resale? Awesome!

So how do i get a set of these? and how much? I've stuffed up the installation of my stomps and there's glue everywhere.
  10. Triway...

Will you be distributing the ICE grips in OZ too? And which grip pattern do they use on the ICE?

11. I think they are meant to improve resale value by protecting your tank from wear or something...

Just shoot triway a PM and he'll get back to you with details on how to order.
  12. Anyone who wants them just contact me by PM or my details are on the website in my signature.

Yes i have Ice Grip, it is only available as a 'General Sheet' which you cut to your own pattern.

13. Thanks Guys .. just reminded me to order another set from Mark :wink: