Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Ads, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Hi everyone, just thought Id introduce myself incase anyone is bored and actually wants to know about me :)

29 years old, currently living just outside Brisbane and working for the Airforce at RAAF Base Amberley. Been riding now since 2001, albeit the last 4 months I have not had a bike. I have only owned a VTR250 but have experienced a faster bike having been for a spin on my mates R1.

Currently looking for my next bike, hence why ive joined these forums. Leading contender so far is the SV650, but I think I will have to wait awhile for the purchase to appease the wife. Im trying to justify it as an early 3oth birthday present for next year :) Who knows... impulse might win out at the end of the day.

Cant wait to get up and riding again as Im really keen for some weekend rides away. Born in Tamworth and having grown up in Port Macquarie I have driven the Oxley highway more times than I care to count. Im super keen to actually ride it with a few mates. It looks like a fantastic road for it...

Anyway, not much else to tell at this stage. Looking forward to meeting all the different characters out there. Back to reading the forums I guess :)

2. Welcome.
    Don't worry, she'll come around :)
  3. Welcome,

Should catch up with Davo from fariders if distance is your thing.