Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Nicarus, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Hey,

I've been reading the posts here for about two months now, and figured it was probably time I joined. :grin:

Pending approval from both work and my mother (good to know that I'm not alone with this one :p ), I should be getting my first bike in the not too distant future. This I will be asking for help with in the other forums shortly.

In the meantime, many thanks for the information you have already posted. You have already answered so many questions without me even asking them!

Nick.

2. Welcome Nicarus. Glad to have you jump in.
    What style of machine will you be after?

3. Welcome aboard.. :grin:

4.  Top
  5. Thanks for the welcome :) .

Well, at the moment I'm torn between the VTR250 and the GPX. I loved the look of the Zeal, but decided that 4 cylinders was probably not a good idea at this point.

6. welcome Nicarus, hope you don't have too many troubles about approval for a bike.
    So do you have your license yet or is this on the cards .

7. The License still needs to happen as well.

'Tis a bizare set of circumstances that have got me to this point - I was wanting to get a bike and was in the process of saving for it when here at work they decided we would move offices. Unfortunately the new office is like 30 minutes walk from the train station.

When they asked me what it would take to get me to move to the new office and I said a bike, I just figured that they would laugh it off. Little did I know that the next day they had approval to lend me the money for it all.

Once we work out the details, I'll be booking the Q-Ride course :grin:

8. good work Nicarus (excuse the pun)

9. hey there nicarus, welcome to us lot.....we're friendly.....really we are......

:)

btw - who do you work for and can i work there too? employers paying for bikes.....i wanna be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Welcome aboard.