Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Melchior3, May 25, 2007.

1. Howdy y'all,

I have taken some time to read all that I can from the huge well of information here and I am impressed with the quality of stuff I've read!
    I have more or less decided to buy a Suzuki Across 250 as it seems to be a large and practical bike. I am 6'4" and 95kgs so I didn't want a little zinger, but something a bit more accomodating.

I have budgeted about $3000 for a bike and $1000-$1500 for gear. I'm getting my L's very shortly, next week most likely and hope to get my restricted license before I buy a bike, so that I can actually test ride before I buy.

Well, that's my story, I'll be lurking around for quite a while yet. :grin:

2. Well, Melchior, that sounds like a WISE move :LOL:

{little pseudo-Biblical joke there...}

Welcome to Netrider, and it's great to know it's been useful already. Pay up your membership and there's all sorts of member discounts available too.....
  3. Haha, nice one! Most people don't even know who Melchior is. You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Interesting, just at a glance, I'm not sure how many of the partner businesses are in WA, but I'm sure there is plenty of online presence from them also. When I have my bike, I'll be sure to become a member.
  4. welcome, WA huh? they have bikes over there now??

j/k :p
  5. Sounds so far like you've sussed out the budget and practicalities pretty well.

Good luck Across Hunting.
  6. welcome melchior3....