Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by fozzieb, May 12, 2016.

1. Hi all - am still finding my way and somewhat lost. I think this is going up in the Members Lounge but .....
    I also want to ask a question but can't find the appropriate forum - the touring bike last entry was a couple of years ago! :(
    I have a BMW R1200RT and am looking for advice on fitting on/off road tyres. Possible?
    Good to be here ......I think!

One more thing - I loooove the RT but it's places like in the avatar pic that I enjoy. Was thinking about the GS but have to give up too many of the creature comforts so if I can do it with the right tyres then I'm a happy boy.
  2. Thanks C-man
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Howdy and welcome to the forums fozziebfozzieb. Great avatar, RT in the wild (y) Is it just me, or we have found Wheres me BoikeWheres me Boike's long lost brother :woot:?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. welcome aboard :)
  5. The RT will not be a good off-roader.
    Less suspension travel and different damping rates to the GS as well as lower to the ground.
  6. Welcome mate :cool:
  7. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  8. Welcome to NR
  9. Thanks guys. Tweet I'm not wanting to go moto-x :confused: but more on these 'gentle' off the bitumen roads - like the dirt roads up north in WA - eg Karrajini NP - good roads but nice to have a bit more of a chunky grip on them.
    Scary likeness freedom but I've got a scratch on the front guard! ps - we all need drug dispensers
  10. Welcome to the forum mate
  11. Welcome to the madhouse that is NR!