Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by theterrier, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hi there all.

Well, add another new Melbourne rider into the mix.

I've had my L's for the past month or so, and have been loving Netrider and all of the info I've found here.

I'm fortunate enough to have a friend who is not using his bike at the moment (vtr250) so have spent the past few weeks happily getting some km's up - and what a lovely quite time it has been out there. Soon it'll be time for me to get my own bike. Yeah!

Thanks to all those who have posted the great info I've been reading - and hopefully, one day, when I get some experience, I can also share.

Cheers.

- oh, so: Male, late 30's, and living inner city Melbourne - I just read some more of the instructions posts... ;-)

2.  Top
  3. Welcome to Netrider, a veritable cornucopia of motorcycling treasures :LOL:

4. welcome to NR, if you're interested in the sat morn prac session, i meet a couple of people at Dan Murphy's car park at DFO Essendon, leave there about 8:30am to head to a coffee shop in st kilda where we meet other riders, prac session starts at 10am..

5. Wow - I had not yet seen the Sat sessions, which sound great. I'd found the Tues night ride references, and was wondering about those. I'll certainly be jumping on board as soon as I can. Hopefully I'll be the proud owner of my own bike soon (I lose the VTR next week), which will make it all the more fun! I'm kinda heading towards a CB400 or GS500 at the moment - the more I read about them (and sit on them) the more I learn. Hopefully I'll make my mind up soon!

Thank you for the welcome!

Cheers

6. so we'll see you at the Sat prac session?

7. wow - your making me all nervous... ha

Alright - I'm in.
    Should I post something to that effect in that thread also?
    (thanks for the encouragement)

8. Welcome to riding and to NR. The Sat prac sessions are addictive - dont say I didn't warn you. :)

9. nah turn up at Ess DFO by 8:25am OR the be at the meet point by 10am, the meet point details are on the thread in short behind the BP servo on beach rd next to st kilda marina, if car park is chockers we relocate to another spot. are you ok with doing freeway speeds? I go on citylink over the bolte bridge

10. I might head straight to the meet point - I'll be hanging out in the east that morning, so it'll be easier for me to get there... Also I'm yet to venture on to a freeway. Only about 12 hrs under my belt at the moment, so still wanting to feel more confident. :eek:hno: Cheers though - so see you at the BP Sat!

Thank you again.

11. Not a worry, when you turn up ask for Doug or Dave these guys are the 'miracle workers' they help everyone with riding tips etc. Everybody does their thing at their own pace, so nobody to impress but yourself!!

12. Hi and welcome to NR

13. Thanks again for the welcome's and the encouragement.