Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by mrDooba, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi guys(girls included:)).

I used to ride a few years ago and just got back into it a few weeks ago. My last bike was a Monster 800 but sold that when I stopped riding. I just got a new 09 Speed Triple and she is still being run in at the moment. Speedy is a dream to ride and has a bunch more power than the old Duke.

I'm still building my confidence back up but thankfully it's returning stronger with every ride. I almost forgot how good it is to head up into the hills and get some bugs stuck in the corner of my eyes.

mrDooba

2. Welcome in mate :)

3. Thanks goz

4. Great to have you back. I'm curious, I've heard a few people now who've come back to riding. What made you stop? (if you don't mind me asking). I'm trying to understand how someone could ever stop riding once they've started.

5. Welcome back to the good life mate,

Yeah those triples are the only bike that makes me think twice about a cb1100, nothing but glowing reviews and smiles from everyone who owns one.

^didn't recognise you with your new avatar goz

6. Welcome mate and enjoy your beast (y)

7. Well, a very close friend was killed on his bike and it really messed me up.

8. Thanks for the warm welcome peoples :D

9. Sorry to bring up old wounds, but thank you for sharing. I really didn't mean any disrespect or to upset you in any way.

I wondered if it might be something like that.

10. Thanks for the concern:)

As you were struggling to fathom how one could stop riding??? I was only having a break:wink:

Once you've got the bug.........

11. Welcome aboard mate!

12. Welcome :)

Sorry to hear about your sad past events, but I join the others in encouraging you to put that behind you and enjoy riding for yourself (y)

13. welcome aboard, netrider is a great sourse of info, Keep an eye out for the qld group rides if that interests you .

14. Thanks guys:biker: