Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings to all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Greggles, May 1, 2015.

1. Been back on a bike for a few years now. Twelve months ago had a little spill that had me laid up for 6 weeks and wrote off my Kwaka Cruiser. Have aquired a very nice GSX1250 that the previous owner had fitted out with all the mod cons for touring and sold for a great price. Looking forward to working out how to ride this site to keep up with the latest.

• Like Like x 1
  2. welcome aboard :] glad to see you're back in the saddle again
  3. Welcome greggles . The GSX great bike for eating up the miles of touring
  4. Welcome back to riding..
  5. Thank you for the warm welcome.8-|
    Yes many years ago I had the joy of owning a beautiful Honda CBX1000 had to sell as we started a family you know the story that goes with that. When I decided to get back into riding I was seduced by a gleaming black Vulcan Classic and thought maybe that would be nice. Don't get me wrong she was a lovely bike and we traveled many thousands of K's on her, even did the Great Ocean Road all the way from Toowoomba QLD and back without a hitch. But after getting Suz I remember how easy it was to chew up the miles on a nicely balanced sports tourer.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome GregglesGreggles hope to see some pics of the beast soon. Enjoy the return ride! :)
  7. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  8. Welcome back.

The big six? So, you used to be a bit of a lair? :)

I'd guess that the GSX1250 is about as close as you could get to a modern day equivalent.

I wish you very much joy of it.
  9. Well I suppose you could say that I was, but it just happened to be a beautiful girl flashing a lovely set of exhaust pipes at me and was in my price range and I fell in lust. I have very fond memories (as does my ex wife) of that bike and to this day regret the sale, but life moves on and now I have a new lady in my life.:D My latest bike of course I can't afford two women in my life.
  10. Welcome to the site Greggles, nice to have a fellow Queenslander on board.
  11. Ahh yes the right side of the fence...Mmmm maybe that comment may cause more issues than I can handle. :wacky:
  12. Guess we'll find out come State of Origin time