Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings from TNQ

Discussion in 'Cruisers' at netrider.net.au started by Ian, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Just moved from the 'burbs on Brisbane southside to Palm Cove (north of Cairns).

A big thank you to Bikenut for transporting my M50 here a week earlier than promised as well as carting up my golf clubs and fishing rods at no extra cost.

The earlier than expected arrival of the bike allowed me to ride up to Port Douglas on the weekend. A great ride - plenty of twisties, good road surface, with rainforest on one side and the Coal Sea on the other. The locals tell me the rides west up into the tablelands are great too.

This place is truely cruiser rider heaven (at least in the winter months) with bright sunny days and temperates around 28 degrees with a nice cool ocean breeze.

If I ever work out how I'll post some pic's.

2. Sounds ideal Ian, must be hard to concentrate on the road with all that scenery. What a hard life :grin: .

3. Rod, the view is certainly a distraction.

I met a guy the other day who got cleaned up on the Port Douglas road by a cager that was in the wrong lane. The driver and passenger were both staring out the window admiring the view when he came around the corner. Fortunately neither were travelling fast, but he still busted his leg up badly.

On a Sunday morning bikes seem to outnumber cars on the run up to Port Douglas - they must make some fine lattes up there :grin:

4. Sounds a bit like the GOR with the tourists etc.

Watch out for those from overseas used to driving on the wrong side of the road. Keep it safe Ian.