Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings from the Brisbane CBD

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mickyg, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Hi

My name is Michael, and I live in Spring Hill, at the northern end of the CBD. I'm 26 and have had my license for about two months. I've been lurking here since deciding to get a bike and thought it was about time I started posting.

I graduated through Q-Ride to an open license, but decided to stick to a 250 and quickly fell in love with the Honda VTR250s. I purchased an '04 with 15,000kms and a Staintune, and I can't get enough of it.

Last saturday I completed the Stay Upright advanced 1 course at Mt Cotton and had a blast. The weather was terrible in the morning, but by the time we got to the track in the afternoon it had dried right out. It was during this track time that I started to really understand the appeal of riding. I tried to explain to my wife the feeling of smoothly nailing a set of sweepers, bit she just didn't get it. I told her it was the most fun I'd ever had, but the look on her face had me quickly amending to the must fun I've ever had while fully clothed.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the road :)

edit:Can nowpost pics:
  2. Hi Michael, welcome! :grin:
  3. Welcome to NR! :)

I go to Brissy every now and again - when I'm there I sometimes stay in Spring Hill at the old Pacific Interb=national. Nice one.

Now all you need to do is try riding without clothes :LOL:
  4. Welcome to NR Michael !!
    Other than another rider, only a dog understands why we love to ride ..

5. Welcome to NR dude!
  6. Wow, 4 hello's in an hour...

Friendly place! :grin:
  7. Hi,

I live north brissy if you ever want a riding partner or 2!