Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings from Frankston vic

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by DR650gary, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, this is my first post, mainly introducing myself and sharing my experiences with riding so far..
    Im 32, from Frankston vic and a week ago I bought my first bike having never ridden a motorcycle before in my life (Besides L course). My first experience was hiring a scooter in the gold coast, riding through busy traffic with t-shirt, shorts and thongs on a car license. Looking back now from what ive learnt about motorbikes it seems a little crazy that you can do that in QLD! Thats when I decided that as soon as I get home from my holiday, im going to get my L's

Being into 4WDing and camping, I'm very interested in adventure riding / dual sport, so after hours of contemplating and comparing bikes and reading reviews, I settled on a DR650.. Yeah I get some weird looks and comments from car drivers riding around the streets on an over-sized dirt bike wearing a dual-sport helmet, but I wouldn't have it any other way, i'm loving it! Once im more comfortable on the road, ill take my next step and learn some off-road riding!

In my first week, ive had 2 other riders duck in behind me, follow me for a while and overtake giving a thumbs up, thats such a confidence booster, and countless nods from other riders going past. Thats one thing that for some reason surprised me.. the sense of community.. I never would have imagined how supportive fellow riders can be of each other.

Anyway, I hope to meet up with some more people with the same interests in the near future, hopefully this forum can help me with that!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. I did love the hills up there at Redhill
  3. Welcome to NR :)
  4. Welcome indeed. By starting now you've avoided the usual Netrider intro: "Hi, I'm Fred, I'm 60 and I've always wanted to get into bikes, but...."
    Here's to many years of riding fun!!
  5. You've found your way home! Welcome to the family and to NR :)
  6. Welcome to the forums and to many many years of awesome adventures on your bike!
  7. welcome aboard :]
  8. Hi and welcome :)
  9. Can't go wrong with a DR650..Those things are bulletproof.