Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings from Canberra.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by citizjourno, May 7, 2007.

1. "New to Netrider but not to riding. Just in-between bikes!"

Canberra is not my most favourite of places in the world but like anywhere, it's what you make of it. Mostly grew up here when I was just a kid learning how to become an adult, until I left. Didn't have much choice! Now I'm an adult learning how to become like a kid again.

I Just moved back here before christmas 2006. From the north NSW coast (Hunter Valley) to persue my new adventure. I had to sell my Kwaka GTR 1000, after 5 years good service as it was getting a little long in the tooth and I needed something to help me move to Canberra. I'm stuck with a 4WD station wagon for now but I am on the lookout for a good project bike (either an older type cruiser or good rep tourer, although I will consider any others). Preferably dirt cheap or free as I am low on cash, due to other important commitments.

I am also considering any reasonably priced (true market value as opposed to dealer) suzuki 650 savage, suzuki 750/800/1400 Intruder or Kwaka VN750 vulcan. So if anyone has one they are willing to part with and make a bit of room out the back or know of someone who is. I would be interested to hear from you.

Found Netrider by accident while surfing and think it's a great contribution to the riding community. Keep up the good work guys.

So hi to everyone out there from citizjourno. :)

2. hi there and let me be the first to welcome you...

(i am the first aren't i????)
  3. Welcome to Netrider :).

Typhoon, meet citizjourno
    citizjourno, meet Typhoon :wink:.
  4. Hiya Citizjourno!

5. Hi <----seems kind of pathetic as a welcome, but I'm tired.
  6. Hiya aspirations too you all!

Does your club still have the "Puss In Boots" mascot from 2006 Toy Run? Or was it "Shrek", I can't quite remember? There was some mean bidding going on.
  7. Buy another GTR! They go 200k kms with ease. My 90 model is just run in at 88k kms! There are some easy mods to get more than decent handling and unleash the Ninja inside these bikes, if that is your custom! :LOL:
    Welcome, and hope to see you at the fortnightly coffee meet in Civic, or the Sunday fortnightly breakfasts we're trying to get orr the ground.

Regards, Andrew.
  8. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the GTR, Typhoon.

If I was to get another one, it would probably be a 94 onwards due to the new additions. Mine was a silver 86 in above average condition for age. It was 22yrs and still going strong, apart from a few minor ware and tares. The NSW rego/third-party was getting a bit hefty though. Like most bikes, I guess. It doubled in the 5 years I had it.

At the moment I can't afford to run a car and a bike and at present I require a car. So the bike will have to wait for a while, unless it's a project or rat. Other than touring bikes, my next infatuation on equall terms would be, older type cruisers. The good solid types, with minimal plastic. I have yet to own one though, other than my first bike which was a Suzi GN250. :)
  9. Re: Hiya aspirations too you all!

LOL yes Puss in Boots is still around and has had a few adventures :LOL:
  10. Journo eh? Start runnin!