Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings From Another New Member!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by The Dude, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Hi Everybody,

Just a quick introductory note from a happy man who finally got around to getting his Learner's permit - it only took me 20 years!

Have always wanted to do this ever since I rode my Uncle's trail bike when I was a kid, but never had the money to do it properly until now.

The trigger was my much-loved Dad passing away earlier this year. He rode bikes all his life so I want to pick up the torch as a tribute to him (and as a little reward for myself!) I have inherited his old 1979 XT500 that needs a lot of work (much more about that anon, no doubt!) but to get on the road sooner, I am shopping around for a good second-hand CB400.

My girlfriend has long wanted to do this, too, as her Dad is a keen biker and we just got our permits together. I have bought her a 2005 Ducati Monster 620. I am looking to upgrade to a Triumph Thruxton in a couple of years (my DREAM bike), but hers will be a keeper- she loves it!

Looking forward to making some new friends on here, joining in on some of the good training sessions and rides that people do, ensuring we become skillful and safe riders, and (obviously) having some major fun!

See you in the chat room or on the road! (Well...soon. Might stick to car parks for a couple more weeks yet!)

Take care,

2. Welcome to Netrider Angus Since your in Melbourne we have a Sat practise and Elwood and you and your GF are welcome to come along and learn from the best.. :)
  3. Welcome Dude. I used to love my old XT. Hope you get it up and running. It's great to be able to go out for a ride and head almost anywhere. I've been stuck many times with - where does that track go?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Definitely see you down there! We actually looked at and bought the Monster at that rider meet a few Saturdays ago from a regular called Nathan. Everyone there was lovely and as soon as we're able we'll be down there...

Is it every week? Or which thread should I go to to check if it's on?

Thanks for the welcome!
  5. Yeah it's on every week and here is the Thread on it :)

I can't send URL but just go here

10am Saturday Learner/New Rider Basic skills practice sessions
  6. Sweet! Found the thread. See you down there (hopefully early Dec). Thanks again;)