Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings from a newbie in Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by shake, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Hi all - just wanted to say hello to everyone here and quickly introduce myself.

I've just got my learner's licence, and currently hunting around for my first bike, as well as all the right safety gear. Been driving for more than 10 years now, but a complete first-timer to everything bike-related.

Also been lurking here for a little while now, but I still have tons of questions! So you'll be hearing from me soon - and thank you in advance for all the helpful information I'm sure I'll be getting.
  2. Hi from another newbie in Sydney, I get my bike on Sunday and my L's next week. I've already got a big book of questions and I've probably bought the wrong gear, but hey at least I'm learning.

Maybe I'll see you on the road one day :)
  3. Wow that was quick (getting a bike before your L's). Out of curiosity, why do you say you've "probably bought the wrong gear"?
  4. I asked the salesman for advice and joined the forums after that. I think he saw a newbie with money coming If it's crap/wrong I'll just buy some new gear and then I'll have some spares.