Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings from a new member

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Woodrow, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Hello all. I am a new member from Canada. It is mid-winter here, so the waist deep snow has kept our bikes in hibernation. I have been riding a 2014 Suzuki GSX1250FA for the past 2 seasons, but recently put down a deposit on a 2011 BMW K1300R, which I have not yet ridden. So, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome WoodrowWoodrow , no snow here just heat and humidity :cool:. It must be frustrating to have such awesome scenic rides you are unable use during your winter :(
  3. Welcome aboard :) waist deep snow damn that would be frustrating. Hope you enjoy the spring on your new ride
  4. Welcome Woodrow, Bikes rarely go into hibernation here. Some Alpine roads are closed during winter due to snow and up North in the Tropics you have the Wet Season when it buckets down rain but mostly it is a year round pursuit here. Perhaps it is time for a holiday from Canada's winters and come out here for a ride. ;)
  5. welcome to Netrider Woodrow :) Canada is beautiful...whereabouts are you?
  6. 'ow do WoodrowWoodrow & welcome. A Newfie by gad ! (what do they call you now it's NL not NF ?) had the pleasure of riding through the Maritime Provinces in '94. Great hospus, fish & line dancing.
  7. Welcome WoodrowWoodrow .
    What brings you to a predominantly Australian riders forum? Nothing against Canadians (or any other nationality) just being curios :)
    You will have to remember to swap you lefts and rights around when we are talking about roadcraft here...:p
  8. Welcome mate :D
  9. Welcome WoodrowWoodrow
    I'm kinda new here too. Lovely machine that K1300R. Hoping to get myself one when I'm ready and able
  10. hey KalihoraKalihora ..did you get those frame sliders yet?
  11. Not yet. Chinese New Year I guess. Once they are installed I'm gonna try to do that Japanese style u-turns.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I haven't tried to slide the frame sliders yet....touch wood
  13. Snowmobile season isn't it?
  14. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome to NR...

Canada, eh? Nice...love the scenic pics that I keep seeing. Hope to visit one day...a few friends and family live down that way in Calgary and Montreal and Winnipeg.

Love the new bike...hope the snow season clears up soon. Where's global warming when you need it?? ;)