Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings forum people and Melbournians

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by LordMik, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Hello everyone!

Let me introduce myself,

I am Mik a now Melbournite and my family is in Mallacoota (regional vic).
    I have just turned 25, and I'm finally deciding to begin my long anticipated journey into the world of riding!

I have very little experience in riding. (loved paddock bashing on a farm bike, scooting around bali and indonesia, and was a keen freestyle BMXer) I have always dreamed of becoming a rider ever since I was a kid and so I have been saving up the cash to follow it.

I thought I would start my journey by firstly booking myself in for a course at HART, (Done! booked for the 18th!) and create an account to the forum I have been following for quite a while! Whooo OK!

I have honestly read and learned so much, as well as experienced life of riders through the stories and conversations you guys post here. It is a great community to be part of and I hope to be a contributing member of it one day!

I would also just like to say that I appreciate and thank everyone who contributes their experiences and knowledge to this site, and with them, to those who keep it running.
    It really helps people like me, the new or promising riders, find out what its like to be a motorcyclist and also what it takes to be one.

I'm now on the hunt to purchase my first bike and with the knowledge I have learned from this forum I am better off equipped to take up the challenge!

So thank you everyone! and.. HELLO!!

I hope to see you out there..

2. Hello Mik and welcome aboard.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to NR !
    • Like Like x 1
  4. welcome aboard mate :]
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to Netrider, get yourself to some of the learner sessions down there and listen listen listen.....
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Will definitely look forward to participating in those. Cheers.
  7. Welcome to bikedom, lord mik.

St kilda sat prac is the place to be.

See you there one of these days.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome Mik, so what kind of bike are you after?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Open to any good deal that pops up around the 3.5k mark.. I love sports, some nakeds, and I like supermotos but they are out of my price range.
    Mostly been seeing a lot of Ninja 250s and the hyos.. but only a few good looking vtr250s every now and then.
    Looking at a Ninja on the weekend.
  10. @Peppy@Peppy had a 2009 Ninja 250 for sale in the sale area of the site. Thread is still open so it probably hasn't been sold.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah I did send him a message, I hope to hear back! (y)
  12. Hi Mik,
    Welcome. A bit of a change of pace, Mallacoota to Melb. How's it treating you.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Always had a home in Melbourne just living there more permanently. :)