Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings Fellow Motorbicyclsts!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by desmo1968, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Hello there, I think I have satisfied the requirements of the account setup overlords so here goes...

Firstly I should start by saying I'm mildly technophobic so apologies in advance if I hit the wrong button at some point! :)

A little about my bike history:

-Riding since 1994
    -Currently located in Melbourne but have lived in Adelaide, Perth and Sydney so quite intimate with the surrounding bike roads.
    -2 return Nullarbor crossings and a lap of Tassie by bike among other local tours.
    -Toured the US & Canada by bike.
    -Currently riding an 07 Suzuki VStrom 650 by way of an 01Yamaha FJR1300, 99 Suzuki SV650, 98 Suzuki GSXR600, 94 Suzuki RF900, 93 Kawasaki Zephyr 750, and started on a mighty 92 Yamaha Virago 250. Had a brief fling on a Suzuki VStrom 1000 in the US too.
    -Chief mechanic and test rider (read partners bikes) for an 86 Yamaha SRX 250, 89 Honda CBR250R, 97 Honda CBR250RR, 98 Honda XL250 Degree, 86 Suzuki GN250 and 99 Yamaha 250 Zeal.

That will do for now as an intro, take it easy one and all!

Cheers, Desmo. ;)
  2. Welcome XXX, er I mean Desmo :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome Desmo.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome aboard, decent intro well done. Done the Nullabor many times including the old dirt road in a car never on a bike, probably won't either, over the desert.
  5. Welcome to NR. Interesting intro.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So, bikes & experience are impressive, extra points for the virago, but ...............are you hot?
  7. Welcome to NR Desmo.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome the Netrider, that's quite a history you've racked up there mate!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Howdy mate..........welcome to NR
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Whats the desmo thing about ?
  11. Welcome in bud.
  12. Cheers! I think twice on the bike is enough for the Nulla, but never say never...
    First was 1 up on the SV650, I rode from Ceduna to Perth's northern suburbs in a day-nearly 2000km in 16 hours is my biggest single ride so far.
    Second was 2 up on the FJR1300, at a bit more of a relaxed pace despite the more appropriate steed!
  13. Cheers! Well my wife thinks I'm hot, but I'm pretty sure she's biased! ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. No Ducati desmodromic valve system actuation subtext there (although I do dove the sound of a Termi equipped Duke), just my actual name shortened a bit! :)
  15. Cheers fellow Wee Strom pilot!
  16. OK then, is your wife hot??
  17. Hello desmo, welcome.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Definitely! (y)