Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Rayage, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Hello everyone,

Another new guy here and a n00b on a bike. I got my Ls sometime mid-August '06 from MTA down in Dandenong, and I've been riding on-and-off since then. I have a CBR250RR that I've only put ~1200km on since I got it, shortly after I got my Ls, :oops: but I'm more of a weekend / fair-weather rider. I have a group of friends who are passionate about riding and their exuberance rubbed off (finally) on me. :wink:

Been riding a lot more of late, and really enjoying. I usually (well almost exclusively, to be honest) ride up Mt. Dandenong from where I live. It gives me a good mix of highway riding and also the twisties to work on stop-start riding and also cornering technique. If you see a tri-colour white CBR250RR up there being ridden by a guy wearing a blue AGV helmet, that'll be me! :)

I have to admit, I was never all that into riding (even in pedal form) and a number of incidents on a bicycle when I was much younger really didn't help with my comfort on 2 wheels. I've already done a number of n00b things on my bike :oops: :cry: that cost me $$$ to fix :evil: and mentally came close to giving up. I'm glad I didn't, and somehow being away from the bike (I stopped riding for around 8 weeks) something just clicked and I've never felt so much joy being on 2 wheels... particularly, doing the twisties around Mt. Dandenong. :grin:

Anyways, I've been lurking for a few days now and I thought I should join. The community here sounds really great and hopefully I'll get to know some of you on this forum and in my travels.

2. Welcome aboard Ray. :)
  3. Welcome to NR Ray :beer:
  4. Welcome Ray!

My bro lives in Glen Waverley so I'm occasionally in the area on weekends ...so if you see a chick on a purple kawasaki, be sure to give me the nod! :grin:
  5. Thanks everyone!

Will do! I nod to just about every rider, inc. those "Harley snobs" :p, except when I'm lent over and committed to a corner :wink:
  6. Welcome :grin: