Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings and thank you

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Boshy, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Hello fellow enthusiast team,

First day on Netrider so I would like to introduce myself, my name is Damien and I have been a motorcycle enthusiast since 4 years old when I got my first QR50.

Since coming of age I have owned a 93 NSR250SE (first bike), onto 2 R1's (1998 & 2001), then to a 93 CBR600, then to an 04 Gixxer 1000 and then finally an 06 CBR1000. The later nearly took my life when a lady did a u-turn in front of me and I woke up in hospital after a couple of months in an induced coma and life support, craniotomy that caused severe head trauma and years of emotional therapy afterwards. But now I am ready to get back on the horse and I am really interested in getting back onto the good ol 2 strokes, specifically an NSR250SE or SP, MC21 or 28. I really love the single swing arm and the dry clutch. Problem is, where in Oz do you find one? I have been looking for several weeks now and nothing, only 88-89 models up for sale. I am assuming they are rare because no one wants to sell them once they have them.

Any assistance in my problem would be greatly appreciated, the sourcing of the NSR problem.

Thanks all and I look forward to my future on Netrider.

Ride safe
  2. Welcome to NR & Good to have you on board.....

Sorry to hear about the injuries though and hope that you have recovered fully.
  3. Welcome Damien, good luck with the search, back on horse like they say, good work.
  4. Welcome, and welcome back from the dead, almost, by the sound of it.

Anyone who's been bitten by the two-stroke bug never really recovers: I'd love to find a good 1974 RD-250...
  5. Hi all,

Sorry to come across as a bit of a dumbshit but..............where do I find the "new thread" icon so I can start one? It is kinda driving me a little crazy at the moment.
  6. Check your inbox. That's the envelope on the menu bar. Check the forums list for a suitable forum for the topic you wish to start a thread in and see if there is already a thread that covers the subject matter. The welcome lounge is a good place to start.
  7. Welcome bud, what area you from?
  8. Western Sydney, Bligh park