Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings, and thank you.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by firemonkeyyz, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Hello all. Thank you to everyone who has posted so much helpful information here. I've been browsing this forum for a couple of months, and found it both fascinating and very helpful. Now that I've finally joined, I hope that anything I post here will be as much help to others as previous posts have been to me.

I'm in my early 50s and have finally returned to riding after far too long a break. I ride a 95 BMW R1100RT, and absolutely love it. My dream ride, and SO worth the wait. :grin: :shock:

Looking forward to joining in many of the future discussions.

2. Good on you firemonkeyyz.... Welcome back to the world of two wheels and im sure your thoughts will be just as helpful as those that have helped you!!!
  3. Welcome (back) :)
  4. Welcome! :grin:

Just figure out whether you put on your left or right glove first, whether you think clutchless gear changes damage the gearbox, whether two strokes cost more to maintain, whether you should use your rear brake in an emergency situation and whether you should use diesel oil to lubricate a motorbike.

Pick your sides on those topics and you'll do well :rofl:

Welcome back to two wheels mate :)
  5. BMW's are an old person's bike! :LOL:

Hi and welcome to NR.
  6. Welcome aboard mate!
  7. C O R R E C T ;)
  8. welcome mate :biker:
  9. Welcome firemonkeyyz :cool:

another Westie, I mean, how many are there of you lot. :roll:

10. tankgirl said:
    Nobody knows. They have tried to do a head count but the count was invalidated because most of them had bred before the count had finished. I think it's something to do with the pheremones coming off the moccasins.
  11. welcome buddy :)
  12. Welcome :grin:
  13. Thank you everyone, very welcoming. And yes, Hawklord, I'd love to join your Saturday event. Will be able to do so in a couple of Saturdays. I'll contact you before turning up.
  14. Hi firemonkeyyz from Tassy :) have tried BMW RS1150 nice bike but bought Honda Hornet 900 still like the naked style cause thats how bikes used to be :cool: Enjoy your bike and take care :)