Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

greetings, all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by vonnegut, Jan 11, 2007.

1. hi everyone, new newbie here. got my L's late last year and have been using my spada mostly just for the weekday commute through the city, which isn't the most fun to have on a bike, I know. I don't know many people who ride and so am generally clueless about rider-etiquette (riderquette?) and where to go to have a bit of fun and practice with the bike in Melbourne, so if anyone has got tips/suggestions (for which I will also be trawling the forums) that'd be neat. :grin:

2. doooood (being non-gender-specific :LOL: )you have come to the right place. NR has a whopper presence in Vic, i'm sure you'll get out there with them soon enough.

welcome to netrider :)
  3. Welcome Vonnegut, which part of melbourne are you in.
  4. Welcome to the forums Vonnegut, maybe get yourself to one of the Melbourne coffee nights. You will be welcomed and get to meet a lot of like-minded people. :grin:
  5. awesome! I'm in brunswick, and a coffee night sounds like a great idea. thanks for the welcome!
  6. welcome.. and enjoy your stay.
  7. Welcome Vonnegut :grin:
  8. Welcome, search/ask, you'll get plenty of info in the forums :)
  9. Hey, Vonnegut!
    Welcome! Not many good twisties around Brunswick unfortunately (I live there). People used to go up to Yarra Boulevard in Kew in the old days. Still an OK set of corners, but 50k nowadays and occasionally gets some police attention, along with plenty of tourists. Not too bad if your happy to take it easy, though.
    If you want to get out of town quick from B'wick for some riding, maybe the best bet is hop on the Tulla, W. Ring Road to Greensborough and up to St. Andrews/Kinglake (learn fast if you do this road! :? ) From there, lots of options. Have fun. :)
  10. maybe u should offer 2 go for a lap with him :LOL:
    welcome 2 NR vonnegut
  11. Welcome! Come to a coffee night or join us on a ride. The people here seem to help each other out. Pretty friendly bunch ... *group hug!*
  12. Welcome and G'day Vonnegut :LOL: