Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greetings All

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Acheron, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Greetings all.

I've been lurking around here for the past few months, and figure it's probably time I introduce myself.

I'm 26 years old and work in tech support for an ISP. I grew up and live in the Adelaide Hills, so have always had a healthy appreciation of twisty roads and enjoyable driving. I started riding about 4 months ago when I was convinced by a mate into taking a crack at the learners course. Needless to say the bug has well and truly bitten, as the next day I booked myself into the advanced riders course, and 2 weeks later I had my R-Date licence.

After some high class lurking and much deliberation, I decided to purchase a new 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R in black, and so the story begins.

I'm thoroughly enjoying myself so far and constantly find myself wondering why it has taken me so long to discover to joy of two wheels. I've even got the missus on board, and have recently taken her out on the pillion for the first time much to our shared enjoyment.

One advantage to having gotten my "invincible on the road" phase out of my system in a car early on in life, is that I am under no illusions that I am a massive noob when it comes to riding. I have been reading many a thread to educate myself on some of the techniques to keep myself alive and having fun on the road, and I'm enjoying the constant learning that has come from doing something new.

I am becoming keenly interesting in the mechanical side of this new obsession, and I'm already looking into getting a basket case project to learn on. Needless to say, once I have the go ahead from the minister for war and finance, I'll be asking many questions and I'll get a progress thread running in the Modifications and Projects section.

From what I've read, the community here is awesome. I look forward to being a part of it, if you'll have a crazy Scot that is... :wink:
  2. From one newbie-member to another, howdy :)
  3. Another IT guy, you will fit in bloody well here.
  4. Welcome to NR, you might be the only IT guy that rides a bike lol
  5. I don't know about that, there would be 6 or 7 people at work in tech support alone who ride bikes.

That said, there are certainly many more who wouldn't know what a motorbike is :wink:
  6. #6 Mr Messy, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Does it count that I *was* an it guy?
    Then did a career change to one where you can actually claim the time and effort expended lol...

Welcome mate!

7. Welcome dude, noob IT guy here too