Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Greeting from Sydney Canterbury area.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by NoobNova, Nov 27, 2013.

1. #1 NoobNova, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    Hi all,

I am about to attend pre learning course next Wednesday & Thursday.

Is there anything I should be aware of? Is it hard test?

I'm thinking about getting yamaha r15 125cc, because it's good value ($3500 ride away). But the shop selling this bike is locate in Campbelltown, I am a bit worried I won't be able to ride it back... :(

And where can I get good value motorcycle gear around canterbury area? Thanks for the help guys!
  2. oh.. some comments on yamaha r15 please :)_
  3. Welcome to NR, mate! Sorry, I can't comment on the R15.
  4. Welcome!

The pre-learners isn't hard, you just need to pay attention and follow what the instructor says. The sessions are designed to slowly build up skills bit by bit and are designed for people who never been on a bike before. There are theory sessions too, but all in all it's not a worry.

Not sure about the bike you're looking at, but often you can negotiate reasonable deals on gear from the shop you buy a bike from. They'll know you're a newbie and excited about getting your stuff straight away, which puts them at an advantage. The deal you get depends on how well you can negotiate.
  5. Welcome to Netrider :)
    I can't comment on the Yamaha 125, I don't think I've ever ridden a 125, of any brand....

6. Is there a written test?
  7. They'll know you're a newbie and excited to ripped you off. :D
  8. You have to pass the DKT after the Pre-Learners course, before RMS will give you your Learner's License.