Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.


Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by dykeonbike, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. Hey everyone. Rego is due on my little beast in a couple of weeks and I need a greenslip. I am, however, finding it difficult to find online quotes. Who do you all have your greenslips through and do I have to get a rego check done on my bike? It's a 2002 model 250 ZZR. Thanks.

  2. maa.nsw.gov.au
  3. I don't get how the CTP for a Motorbike is around $400 when the instances of a third party (pillion) are less. The damage a bike is going to do to someone in a car is less than the other way 'round, and the damage the bike will do to property is less than a car. So why do we pay as much for CTP on a bike as a car? Rego for my bike is only around $90 odd, but the cheapest CTP I found was QBE at $360 odd. I don't get it, that's all......

  4. NRMA around $360 and gives at fault driver coverage for some injuries, got it for both car and bike
  5. The NRMA at-fault cover doesn't apply to motorbikes, so it is just a regular greenslip for the bike.

    I received quotes from all CTP suppliers of around $254-255. Just going with AAMI ($255) because the previous greenslip was with them.
  6. Cost of ctp depends on size / age of bike, age of rider, held any previous ctp polices with insurer & where you live.
    QBE for mine & costs $262.00
  7. ...do we have to go to a specialised repairer for the pink slip, or can any mechanic issue one....?
  9. any mechanic.

    i use the guy up the road for the pink slip. they even tick the seat belt option for me LOL. (it really is a joke) 16 bucks ?

    with some greenslips you can get a discount if you hold comprehensive insurance with 65% no claim bounus

    nrma gio... i think do that.