Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Great wheel cleaning tip

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by raven, Oct 16, 2006.

1. I might be the last person on earth to desover this :oops: , but just in case :)

Those of us with chains and sprockets, constantly put up with a rear wheel covered in grease and crap...and cleaning them with degreasers etc leaves me and the bike smelling like an ol' diesel mechanic.

I was reading back through a bike mag from the UK called "TWO", where a guy wrote in to tell people about cleaning ones rear wheel with...ta..daaaa!... "Mr Sheen"....woot!?...and the guys at "TWO", said "yeah, it's great for cleaning all the grease that collects on the rear wheel from lubing the chain".

Sick and tired of seeing my back wheel spattered with chain lube, I decided to try it out...WEHOOOOOOOO!...that stuff works fantastic on alloy rims, and after I was finished me and the bike smelled really nice as well! :cool:

So I cleaned the front wheel as well...bewdie...and while I had the rag I thought I would try it on my Staintunes (Chrome)...niiiice and clean.

So if anyone out there has'nt tried it, you might like to give it "Mr Sheen" a trial run - I think you'll be impressed. :)

***NATURALLY, you will just test it on a small area first, RIGHT!. :))***
    ...and don't be putting it anywhere near anything else....I just used it on the wheel rims and exhaust cans.

Maybe someone who has known about this for a while can chime in about where else it might be useful on a bike..

Assuming my wheels are still there in the morning, I am goona use it all the time now. :shock: :grin: