Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Great Victorian Motorcycle Roads

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Garido, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I know, some of you will know of this site and it may have been posted before. I have just rejoined the ranks of bike riders, after having a break of 12 years. Did some riding in Germany and Switzerland a few months back and sort of realised what I was missing out on.

Bought myself a Z750 on return to Australia and started riding in the area (not using the bike to go to work). A friend sent me the following link:

There are some great street descriptions in there with corner ratios, surface conditions (might be a bit out of date by now?), etc.

I think that experienced riders here in Victoria should constantly contribute to a site like this. There's always new bikers and new arrivals who haven't heard of these great roads before. I tried a few of them now, and have not been disappointed yet.

Links to sites like the one above should be made 'sticky' in my view.

Well, enjoy your rides!
  2. excellent link ;)
    I'll be sure to cross a few off once I get my L's!
  3. Good luck Spudley and if you ever want to go for a ride along one of the roads in the link, give me a hoi.
  4. will do mate, but I'll be building confidence over the first few months of solid riding. cheers for the offer :)
  5. Glad you like the site guys. ;)
  6. The Big River Bridge to Jamieson needs updating as it's now all sealed...
    Although they could have done a better job cleaning the loose stones after sealing it...

Handy info though...(y)
  7. Not a bad site. Although they don't seem to mention the Murray River Rd or Granya Gap.

Sorry, my mistake, they do.