Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Great riding vid.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by MattyB, Nov 11, 2006.

1. #1 MattyB, Nov 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    I quite enjoyed watching this one :D

IF some of that footage isn't sped up, he's really hauling arse.
  2. He's using a wide-angle lens, which greatly increases the visual perception of speed as only a small portion of the image is pointing forwards while the rest is warped and "wraps around", so more of the image area is really focused on the scenary going past side-ways, rather looking ahead into the distance. This really heightens the visual perception of speed in the video, and makes it appear "sped up", even though it isn't.

As it stands, it also makes it very hard to guage just how fast he's really going, because we're not dealing with a linear frame of reference.

In short, it's an optical illusion of sorts.

Because of that, it's hard to comment further, because what we're presented with isn't the real deal in a linear perspective sense.
  3. if you look, you'll see a few shots of the speedo. he ain't going that fast and if you read the comments, he ain't that bright either :p
  4. What a toss bag! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This guy doesn't need sponsorship, he needs a backhander for being a dick. :LOL:
  5. just enjoy the damn video :p :LOL:
  6. What? In the same way that I would enjoy something like Torque? :twisted: :grin:
  7. Torque was a masterpiece.

Now if you will excuse me I have to pour brake fluid into my eyes.
  8. I was just wondering, do americans ( I assume this vid was done in the US somewhere)... do americans get bikes with speedo as Miles per hour or km per hour, if its the former 145 miles is pretty fast but kms... i'd have to agree with the majority here