Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Great place for a NetRider BBQ/ ride

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by FormerUser1, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Going, again, past Blue Rock Lake (Willow Grove) today, we actually turned into the parking BBQ area and had a look around.
    This would be one GREAT place for a group-ride/ BBQ one day.

4 elec. bbq spaces, covered, a big shelter, toilets, rubbish bins, even shady parking areas....it's all there, and in a very scenic setting, the lake great for swimming, mountains in the distance, a nice ride (with twisties) to get there/ and back....the option of using the Princess Hwy for a quick-run/ or those with cages on the day...easy to find.
    Most probably best around late summer or so (when the water's a bit warmer)

Putting this one towards the "social secretary" :wink: :wink:

2. Is it paved all the way in and including?

Is it paved all the way in and including?

3. I am local to Willow Grove, sealed roads all the way
    (turn left off Princes Freeway at first set of traffic lights in Trafalgar,
    or the twistie way from Noojee).

Walhalla is only about another 55km from Willow Grove and is a great ride all the way.
    Well worth the trip.

4. Is there still that huge, manicured picnic ground at the Upper Yarra Dam? I remember the polished brass taps in the toilet blocks, and that terrifiying but very tame goanna they had there.....

5. Walhalla sucks :p

Well, not the town itself but blanket hill does, just before walhalla.

I can still feel that crash :(

6. No, lawn mower man, your memory must be fading.

That was on the Licola Road, next one across.

Moike

7. Bugger.

May as well go and apply for the ol age pension :)

Cheers mate.

8. Having just ridden from Melbourne to Traralgon on Sunday via launching place and willow grove, I can definitely agree about the picnic / ride destination.

Cheers

Rob