Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Great eBay bike Ad!

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by mattb, Oct 25, 2009.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roya...ewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item1e58d488e8

Worth a laugh. Check out this ad for "a 1955 Indian Tomohawk 500" "500 twin" says the seller (in the 1950s Indian mc were importing Royal Enfields and re-badging them). So you're buying yourself a "classic", a "late 50s bike" which is "highly collectible", except I note that...

The frame was replaced. No biggie, a suitable slightly later frame was used (maybe as young as 1970). But...

then the 500 twin engine was replaced! With a 500 single made by Royal Enfield in India. (So yeah, it's Indian, but not in the same sense!)

Then wiring, forks, wheels, instruments, etc etc were replaced with Enfield bits from India!

So, hurry up and get yourself this genuine collector's item 1955 Indian Tomohawk 500 twin! (with a non-original part here and there) :LOL:
  2. What’s even more amazing is that there are twelve bids for this original replica. Only in America.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
  3. My SR started life as a brough superior. Had to replace the frame, the engine, wheels, suspension etc.
  4. It reminds me of my grandfathers axe. Its been in the family for nearly 100 years, he replaced the handle a couple of times when it broke and we've had to put a new head on it 2 or 3 times, I've replaced the handle twice I think, but its in really good condition for a 100 year old axe.
  5. whats funny is the guys who are after this sort of bike are the serious collectors who know their shit, why the **** would they want a replica?
  6. How very apt.