Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Grand Prix - Free Cuppa Just After Cranbourne

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by RobE, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Free tea and coffee will be available all weekend for riders and drivers heading to and from the Phillip Island Grand Prix.

The Cranbourne Lions Club will have their caravan set up on the South Gippsland Highway just after (south of) the town.

The tea and coffee is free, but you are welcome to make a donation.

The stall is once again being coordinated by serious bike fan, Purple Sue. (She's the one with the Sturgis tattoo. :cool: )

The stall will be on the "to Phillip Island" side before the races and it will swap to the "to Melbourne" side of the Highway on Sunday arvo.

2. And she actually went to Sturgis after travelling through about 7 US states to get there on a Harley,
    Good on ya Sue.

3. Sounds like a good half way stop for stretch and a coffee when I ride down Sunday

4. too right mate, if ur there at the right time when the convoy departs... its a great sight with all makes and models heading down..good luck and keep an eye out for betty....=D>

5. Is there a time or place that all the people heading to the race on sunday meet?
    I know there is the cranborne group ride on saturday (http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/gprun/), but what about race day?
    I really want to be in the middle of it, sounds like an epic experience.
    Any heads up of where to leave/what route to take would be appreciated (we got general admish tickets for sunday)

Shem