Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPZ600R - whaddayaknow?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Chairman, Oct 6, 2005.

1. I have a tip on a GPZ600R sitting in a garage unused and unwanted - I suspect I can get it for a good price. Can anyone comment on what they were like (I've never owned a bike that new, so it's a bit of a mystery to me). Did they have any glaring faults or things i should be checking for if I decide to investigate further?

2. I know everything :idea: :p

About 128mph, 70hp and 196kg I reckon.

What you have there is a bit of a classic, first of the middle-weight race-reps in fact.

Box section frame, 16v water-cooled....only real probs are the forks (anti-dive) and the funny size wheels (newer rubber won't fit).

Stick the forks from a ZX6R on it and a set of wheels and you'll be sorted.

Build quality of the plastics may be a bit suspect, best you check it for cracking.
  3. Maybe you should pass that tip onto someone who currently rides it's little brother and has just got off restrictions and looking for a cheapish bigger bike :twisted: :p 8)

Seriously though, I can tell you that it will be heavier, go faster and most likely be quieter than my GPz250 :p
  4. Chairman's probably thinking more along the lines of a leading-link front end, and an additional wheel...