Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPX250 Pricing

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by FormerUser3, Mar 15, 2005.

1. I have just found out that the GPX250 has dropped in price from $7500 to $5990, a saving of $1505. Could anyone give me some feedback on this bike as a first road bike, I have a TTR250 and want a road bike for weekends etc. Also looked at the Yamaha V-Star, but not sure which would be the best bike.

2. There are a number of riders of GPX250's on the forum. A lot of them swear by the bike. Unfortunately, I can't help never ridden one. See if you can search through the members list and identify those that have one. They may be able to help you

3. I have had my GPX for about 2 years now and have had it since getting my L's. I bought it for about $4700 with 7500km's on it.

So far its been a great bike to start out on and a great little commuter to work in peak hour. Done many a weekend trip without any problems.

4. GPX250.... was my first bike and yes I sware by them as well! Great little bikes and very forgiving as well. However.... just watch for a small leak at the rear part of the engine (coolent), apart from that the only other bugger is the huge one piece fairing :p

5. GPX is a great little bike, capable and reliable, but not much more than that. fairly bland looking and not very exciting, but it does get the job done. i dont know why your comparing that to the V-Star tho, apples and bannanas :?

good bike, dont buy one new tho. they're the same today as they were in 89 and the motor is the same as the even older GPZ. try for a $2000-$3000 example and provided you dont stack it, you should end up selling it for the same money when you go for the upgrade. good solid no-frills choice for a bike tho, nothing bad to say about them :D

6. i want to buy an engine for one : (