Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPX250 fuel starve ?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by OldBellHelmet, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Hi,
    heading home last night and i get a bit of a lack of power just like I have lost fuel pressure.. bit odd as i have 3/4 tank of fuel.. stop at lights and bike stops. go to reserve and start and go.. about 5 k's later go back to main and all is good untill another cough a further 5 k's down the road. today i rode the 25 k's to work with no hassle on main. as far as im concorned i think i may have had some crap in the tap but just thought id put it out there incase there is a common issue with the GPX and somthing i should look at or into.

2. Haven't had any fuel issues with mine.

I only use BP regular unleaded tho
  3. yeah i tend to use the same alhough i did use some mobil the other day.. was running fine and then got sick. i blew some compressed air up the tap tonight and seems to be ok now.. :grin: must have just been a bit of crud in the way.. might give it a clean out to be sure over the next few days.
  4. Never had a problem like that with mine... but I've heard them suffering from vapour lock... when tankbags cover the filler cap a little too well.
  5. now that you mention that rob it has returned me to another theory that the tank bag i got last week may have sealed the breather as it covers the whole cap very well.. ill jam a rag under the front of the bag to lift it for some airflow. thanks.
  6. The breather will have a hose connected to it, which will exit somewhere near the rear of the tank, probably under the seat area. If it does it again, crack teh filler cap and listen for rushing air. If you hear it, your breather hose is plugged.
    Also check for a fuel filter and see if it is blocked.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. breather hose is fine.. i think it was some crap in the tank and im going to clean it out over the weekend.