Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPX popping main fuse

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Banana.Monster, Sep 14, 2008.

1. On friday on my way home the main fuse (30 amp) blew, at the time I had no idea so I pushed it home and had someone I know look at it. He found the problem and we got a replacement fuse for it and all seemed good.

That was until I had to ride into work and couldn't get the bike to start (or any electronics to turn on) so I called home and asked them to bring me another fuse. About 20 seconds after installing the new fuse and starting the bike back up the fuse popped again (this time it was after turning my lights back on)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem?
  2. Update, put a new 30 amp fuse in this afternoon to see at what point the fuse would pop, as soon as i turned the key the fuse was gone.

Does anyone know what could be possible causes of this problem?
  3. Intermittent short circuit. pull the bike down, and using a multimeter in the main fuse circuit (battery disconnected), start pulling connectors apart until you get a closed circuit reading. therein the problem lies.
  4. Thanks for the help mate, got it working again (without the tacho or temp gauge)