Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPX leaking oil :S

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Banana.Monster, Oct 11, 2007.

1. I had to ride down to wollongong to do my Ps(failed first time, this was my retest) on the pay back i heard a loudish noise and thought it was the P plate falling off so i thought nothing of it. When I got home i noticed it has leaked alot of oil after i stopped. I have no idea what happened, we filled the oil the day before so im thinking it has something to do with that.

Anybody know what could be the problem?

2. Plug not on properly (not too tight!)

The washer still in there?

3. how full??

4. More information Reqd:

Where is the oil leaking from ?
    A loud bang could mean anything, have you tried to identify what that bang was ?
    How much oil did you put in ?

On the information you have given I'd say the flux capacitor has crapped itself.

5. Hmmmm, several gigawatts of power crapping itself - I'd say there would be a lot more evidence than just a load bang - perhaps even trails of flame down the road.
    He could check it, but I'm guessing its something a bit more 'here and now."

6. hmm sounds like u have an oil leak.
    (advise is only as specific as the info)

7. Sorry for not replying, haven't been able to get on the net (comp blew up). Its leaking from a high position (i saw it dripping off one of the side panels under the seat) and most of the engine looks like it has some oil on it. I havnt been able to tell where the leak is coming from, it drips down from the middle of the bike and the stand when thats down. The oil was nearly empty today so i put a little bit in and it has leaked out, so it cant have been over filling it.

8. rocker cover most likely.
    Easy fix. 20$ seal some gasket glue 1/2 hours time

9. Thanks for the help, taking the sides off to clean it up tomorrow, hopefully it is only something like that