Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPX exhaust question?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by student of insanity, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Hi all

Well I am totally undecided about whether to buy a bigger but older bike or whether to just stick with my little 2fiddy...but if I do stick with my 2fiddy I would want to make it sound throatier.....

I want people to hear me coming and then reel in shock when they see it is only a 2fiddy :demon:

I want the cagers to know I am coming up beside then as I lane split and then I want them to go green with envy when I roar away.... :grin:

But most of all I just want to smile to myself as I rev the engine just for the simple thrill of it all!!!

Now comes the tricky part.......

I have been searching the net for manufacturers of after market pipes for the baby and I havnt found one yet. I have made an email enquiry with MC mufflers tho, so I am waiting for the reply.

Then I read the post about removing bafflers on a Z1000 and I started thinking.........could that be done on my bike????

Any suggestions are welcome (just dont make them too technical cos I am a mechanical ignoramus)

I am also wondering about cost and if it is worth my while spending a lot of money on a little 250 that I do plan to sell eventually.

Thanks in advance and cheers