Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPX 250 vs GPX 250 Ninja - Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by mobile, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Ok, first bike purchase, looking at the GPX, but when looking have found that there is also a ninja version of the GPX 250, apart from the fact that there is a ninja sticker on the bike and the GPX manual states that the bike was released in the states only, what are the primary differences between the two and which, by experinece would be the better bike to buy?

Thanks To All
  2. As far as I can tell from the US Ninja forums and my Owners manual the bikes are exactly the same, except :-

The US Ninja rear pods have red lens in them where the Australian version does not. (A pod is the space under the rear seat to the left & right hand side of the rear tail/brake light).

The Californian model of the Ninja/GPX have extra vehice emmision controls that apparently reduce the performance of the bike.

The US Model has a third option on the headlight switch to light up the number plate, the rear brake light and the meter lights only (ie. wthout the headlight).

It seems that their isn't really any advantage in buying one model over the other but with the US model it may be more costly to insure if it's deemed an import (You may want to do a search on "grey imports" on the forums to read about advantages/disadvantages)..
  3. hmm i also think the older versions realised here were thesame as the US
  4. The only difference's i've come across with GPX's is the previously mentioned lighting variants, and the front brake rotors. Some of the overseas models have 2 front rotors as opposed to the Australian delivered models 1.
  5. Wow,

Betcha someone got a paid a lot of money for that !:!

Hey lets give it a new name, and give it an extra light. Boom, a new bike and add 5k to the price.

God bless those ninja's.
  6. Problem Solved

Thanks to everone, have decided to stick with the Std GPX, looks like less issues down the track