Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPX 250 Rear suspension

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Cell9765, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Hey all!

Still on my restricted licence so am trying to extract the most of my tiny 250 while i stil have it. Currently on the rear suspension which is soggy and sloppy; has all the symptoms of a worn out shock. Have had prices ranging from $100 for 2nd hand, $275 for reco, and $1012 for brand new! (kinda knocks out he brand new idea).

So reco looks like the best option right now- my question was for people who have had to replace the rear shoc on their bike: Have you had good/bad experiences with reco shoc absorbers?

any wisdom would be great, thanks
  2. is it actually bouncy? because soggy i would attribute to the spring, not the shock. the shock is there to dampen the force of upward/downward motion, the spring is what will stiffen the rear (for the most part anyways).

have you tried setting the spring to a higher tension? i'd look at this before lashing out money on a shock that may not change anything...

(the GPX is a soggy bike tho, there may not be much you can do about any of it)
  3. Cheers coconuts