Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPX-250, applying front brake not lighting up tail light?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by heeeelpmeeee, May 24, 2011.

1. Hi guys, new to the forum.. Been browsing and reading without a profile for a while but now I need some help :(

My brake light works fine and works when I apply rear brake, but not when I apply the front brake. I wonder if it is a fuse or if my brake light switch is broken but I am unsure of how to check for both.

Anyone had any similar problems?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. I'm betting there's a brake light switch in the front brake lever assembly, which will depress when you squeeze the lever. Take the lever off and check it out, it may well be stuck.
  3. If the light is working with the rear brake then it's not a fuse. The same thing happened on my ZZR250. It was a wire connection under the fuel tank that had come loose and was cut. If it's not the switch in the brake lever then you will have to trace the wire back through the bike.
  4. +1 on brake light switch.
  5. Yes probably the switch. Pretty easy on the front of a GPX. Looks just like this:
  6. I had the same problem with mine. I solved it by always using both brakes :D
  7. few dollars on fleabay