Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPX 250 aftermarket seats...

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by sebatron, Mar 7, 2005.

1. I've got a standard seat... I find after riding for 40+ minutes, that it tends to get uncomfortably warm. Do aftermarket seats tend to prevent heat reaching ones' privates?

I remember reading some years ago about motorcyclists having reduced sperm counts for this reason... And i'm a little worried. :?

2. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    try a sheepskin seat cover, sheepy hollow make a good one :)

3. hrmmmm :? stick an ice pack in your grundies? :shock:

i know what your talking about with the GPX, my GF had one before the upgrade. might be a bit uncomfortable in summer, but its apparently GREAT in winter. i dont really know what you could do about it, the heat will eventually get through just about anything.

maybe try sticking a bit of alfoil to the underside of the seat, it might deflect the heat for a little while? failing that, i'd reckon you might need to get some airflow in there somehow, buggered if i know how tho.....

4. well, at the moment, when my balls get hot i fan my legs out a little, for about 3 second.

cept i do it about every 20 seconds when it's ~27 deg or warmer.

i suspect it looks really odd to any tinlids behind me. my GF was driving behind me a week ago and was wondering what i was doing, but boy did she laugh hard when i told her.

re: alfoil.. might as well try that, if it doesn't work, it's only 10c wasted. :)

5. Buy a Night Hawk, I rode Bond to Temora (NSW) and back on Friday, round trip 1053km's in one day & no such probs! In fact he never missed a beat even with the throttle cranked open all day! God I love my boy!