Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GPS on bike

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by live4themoment, Feb 9, 2008.

1. I was questioning if you could listen to your gps on a bike. I am on my P's and was told that you cant use a phone or listen to a ipod through headphones.
    I was just wondering if you got pulled over or at a RBT and you took off your helmet and the ear phone fell out would you still get in trouble if you can show that you were only listening to your GPS? My GPS goes through my phone.

2. There is no regulation against not listening to music whilst riding. I've taken my helmet off with ipod on, in front of cops dozens of times - none even blinked. So you wouldn't have any issues using gps either.

3. There is no rule against listening to music or using a hands-free GPS or phone kit. You must not use a non-hands-free-phone i.e. handheld phone, that is all.

4. i've got a tomtom rider and use the Scala-Rider headset & mike in my helmet. Works a treat.

5. No such reg.
    I use MP3 player, and last night installed my new Autocom, so I will have GPS/Phone/Mp3/UHF and pillion noise all going off in my lid at once.