Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

GP Run/Cranbourne Po Po Warning

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by karl2ltgc, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Code:
    [moderator edit] 
    moved from: Roads, Touring, and Riding Diaries
    to: General Discussion
    To those who will be passing through Cranbourne, please dont ride like a knob.

I went for a drive in the cage today an saw two bikes being pulled up.
    One was by a marked po po bike.
    One was an Unmarked Dark Blue Ford Territory rego - WCG 745

Seems like lots of po po are around and i wager they will be around the whole weekend - youve been warned.

Cheers Karl

Edit - for the wrong forum thing, it was originally posted in General, then was moved to roads touring ect, and it seems now moved back...
  2. Lots of folks heading out of Adelaide today with sleeping bags and other luggage on their bikes. None were heading north or west. :p
  3. same as any other year, you'd be crazy to think otherwise.
  4. Commonsense mate.

You've been warned as well!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. OK, I'll ask .. why are they referred to as 'po po' ? :?
  6. Warnabrother counted 6 cops between tooraddin and San Remo...
  7. There was a unmarked car and unmarked bike flogging the Bengworden Rd yesterday. I saw the car pull up a ZX14.
    I hope he was still in 1st gear :(
  8. Saw the same Ford yesterday on my ride back from Tooradin. They had just pulled a commodore over.
  9. I saw a cop yesterday.
  10. I see them often too :p
  11. Yes indeed.

I was riding back from Bairnsdale on Thursady morning on the same road with Chris and we saw an UNMARKED BMW (Blue) pull up a car on so be careful folks.

12. Because calling them 'poo poo' would be wrong. :wink:
  13. For the record i live about 3 blocks from high st in cranbourne, and my R1 is going to stay parked in the garage, likely for the whole weekend :D

As for the po po. I just remember some movie line "oh no, its the po po" :D
  14. I find that MotGP weekend is one of the best times to go for a maniacal blast around my favourite back roads. Stuff all traffic and no Rossi/Stoner wannabe d!ckheads on the wrong side of the road cause they're all following the sheep down to the island :LOL: :LOL: Never seen a cop the last couple of years. Maybe its different this year. I'll let ya 's know :LOL: :LOL:
  15. So us guys going down to the island are all sheep are we... :roll:
  16. Baaaaa. Baaaaa. Ba ba ba ba. Baaaaaaaa. Ba. Ba
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.