Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got some gear!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ]{ing Nothing, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Well I went into the elizabeth st yamaha shop and picked up some motodry gloves (nice and chunky summer gloves with venting and kevlar) and boots (all-weather waterproof) and a shoei helmet
    for a grand total of 800. not bad for $60 gloves, $150 boots and a $750 helmet ;)

just gotta wait for the tiger angel leathers to come in, and then I can finally go test some bikes!

2. Wow, went all out on that helmet eh?
  3. U got a pretty good deal. Good gear lasts longer and is very worthwhile.
  4. well his head must be worth $750 or more...
    start getting your moneys worth and wear the helmet around the house to get used to it. :grin:
    good choice of helmet... bargain prices could be had for a fair chunk less ask natta how much his xr1000 cost. but as long as you're happy with it - that's all that matters.

another step closer to being on the road KN.
    next step the fun bit - bike shopping!!
  5. :furious: :furious: :furious: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  6. the helmet was actually 620 or so after discount :)
  7. Whatever it cost, that's a wicked-looking helmet :LOL:
  8. Next time go to this page flash them your membership card and get even more of a discount ;)
  9. two problems i see with that vic... one is im not a member, and the second is i don't see yamaha city anywhere there :p
  10. Well then you're fcuked on both counts ;)
  11. not really, you could give me a NR member card for free, just because you want to, and you could go in yamaha city and get them to pay protection moneys in the form of discounts off merchandise! I am a genius.

I'll have to go test riding soon. Probably sumoto would be ideal for this purpose... yes? no?
  12. for test riding...yes. for buying NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Sumoto bikes are shite. id rather lick a fat mans armpit than buy a sumoto bike. (that way i get my daily intake of sweat, and save $5500 on a paint job) :LOL:
  13. Any time Breno, My arm's Up! :dance:
  14. Ewwwwwwwww! :LOL:
  15. ROFLOL... Sumoto DO testrides now?
    When i stuck my head in there a few years back i got told if i didnt have cash up front, they weren't even starting a bike up.
  16. how the hell do they do business then? i have the cash but no-one is seeing a penny before i test the bike
  17. If they dont let you do a test ride you can always say:

"Hab SoSlI' Quch!"

It's a Klingon insult meaning "Your mother has a smooth forehead!". :LOL:
  18. They do business with shiny paint jobs and people with more money than knowledge. Unfortunately there's alot of them out there... :(
  19. Good effort, was it good service?
  20. I'm sure we can work out a savings plan for you. In a few years you might be able to save enough coin to get your membership card or you could ask for a couple of hundred people to donate a few cents each in order to reach that $5.