Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got NSMIDSYIJDIA'd last night

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Jem, Feb 29, 2012.

1. To explain,

Not Sorry Mate I Did See You I Just Did It Anyway.

So on the way home traveling down Springfield Road in Nunawading for those of you in Melb heading towards Surrey Road lights. At this stage the road is one lane and quite wide and becomes two lanes at the lights.

I am going to turn left at the lights so I am sitting in the middle of the lane ready to move left when the new lane starts. Looking in the mirror I see I silver car closing in quite quickly It's half past 5 so daylight and good visibility. I keep watching the car as I sense something silly is going to happen; sure enough straight past me on the right to pull up at the red light.

At the lights I mention that it is only one lane were he went past me the response - Wait for it -

"I saw you but you were not going fast enough so it is okay for me to pass you"

I suspect that fortunately enough for him I was so taken aback by this that I did not know what to do next. ](*,)

Have a feeling that had I moved right to claim the lane he would have gone around me on the left.

Positive to come out of it was that I was watching my mirrors enough to see it coming and had worked out what he was going to do before he did it and kept out of the way.

Cheers Jeremy
  2. welcome to the world of motorbike riding
  3. Wel Jeremy, one nob per day I always say, keep your eye out tomorrow and I am certain you'll see another. Just make sure you leave space between you and the nobs!!
    Your safety is the important thing.
  4. I am trying to visualise the problem here, but I'm failing miserably.
  5. Car overtook bike on the right to get into the left lane?
  6. I don't think the car even pulled into left lane, just stayed in its original one from the description. don't see a problem here, you were going slow and got overtaken. I would do the same any day on a bike, any other day on a car. Moving on.
  7. The issue is there is only one lane where he passed me so he and I are in the same lane; he just assumed he had more right to the lane than me. If it was two lanes then agree no issue - By the way I was doing the speed limit
  8. Am I confused here? He passed you in the same lane?
  9. I wish I had these issues :(
  10. Chicken, correct. It is quite wide but is only marked as one lane

Cheers Jeremy
  11. Better google map that bad boy Jem, this doesn't sound cut and dry.
  12. Hey Chef there is a form one lane sign where it goes from 2 lanes to 1 and the stays 1 lane till about 30 meters before the lights.

It is opposite the Blackburn shops and has been like that for years. These are my local shops woolworths erc so I go there all the time so am really sure about the road. It is like the section of Middlebough road heading towards the Eastern. Clearly marked one lane but it is so wide that people try to make it 2.

Same thing last night clearly marked one lane but he wanted to make it 2 so he could get to the red light.

Might leave it here, best thing was I learnt not to trust people that are behind me. Could have been very different if I was turning right instead of left at the lights.

Cheers Jeremy
  13. shit mate your lucky to be alive
    • Like Like x 1
  14. No worries mate. Don't trust them in front of you or beside you or if they're on the same road as you either. There's always going to be an asshat that's prepared to try it on. All ages, nationalities, sexes, the works......just when you think you've seen it all.

There's SMIDSY, and then there's DILLIGAF. The former gets rancor, the latter gets their mirror punted into next week.
  15. Sorry got to ask DILLIGAF ??
  16. Do I look like I give a fuk?

Tapatalking from somewhere, maybe even behind you so look out!!!
  17. Thanks Smee
  18. I would of answered but,but but but but
  19. So he didn't move out of the lane at all?
  20. I don't see the issue, regardless of speed you have no right to hinder some one, you aren't the law. On another note, the centre devider is a dotted line, which means you can legaly overtake someone.
    If you saw them making a move, why didn't you just keep left an avoid the situtation?
    I think you're being a little too precious.