Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Got my Ps today!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by lefty, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Passed my Ps today! Yay! :grin:

The P's test is easier than the Ls. Both are probably far too easy, but anyway... :p

2. Good to hear :)

Well done.

3. *cheers* Yey! Let the bike shopping begin.

4. Good for you!! :grin:

5. Congrats, well done :)

6. :applause: GRATZ! :biker:

7. Congrats!! ... just gotta get off my ass and book mine in now after 6mths on L's !

8. Well done ....congrats !!!

9. Congratulations! :cool:

I got mine last week, and had people congratulating me, now its your turn. Congrats! It is a great feeling to have passed. And just think, no more riding tests! The MOST was the only test you have to do, unlike moving between L, P1 and P2 on car license. Just go to the registry in 12 months, pay for a license, and get a full unrestricted rider's license. Oh, but it is still restricted by the fact you can't carry passengers for 12 months after that. Good on ya. :grin:

10. Congrats mate, safe riding and hope you have a great time!

11. Congrates and ride safe... :grin:

12. Way to go
    Now you can start to have fun
    And don't forget to nod.

13. Congrats, if it sounds that easy might have to book mine and get off the L`s.

14. congrats.. im going to sit mine soon, i have been on my L's just over 3 months, only done like 1,000km of ride experience, but i'll probably get on a bike next like i've never been on a bike before :(

how much km's did you clock up before siting your P's ?

15. I thought you could take a pillion passenger as soon as you get off your P's???

16. nope, you need to hold your P's for at least 12 months before taking pillions.. even i know that :p

17. Thats what I originally thought but I can't find where it is written on the RTA website or in the motorcycle rider's handbook. Only that a P plater cannot carry a pillion.

I'm sure someone is about to quote a link.....

18. Good on you. That's great news.

19. (VICTORIA)
    re: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Licensing/TypesOfLicences/LicenceConditions.htm

in short:
    Its' legal to carry a pillion as long as you have held your motorbike P's for at least 12 months.

done, sealed, etc. :p